DFoV 2020: The Tiny Festival Gallery
The abbreviated 'how to' guide for creating a Tiny Festival in five days...
1. Call up people you know will be enthusiastic about the idea, however crazy it is - thanks to Penny Goodwin, Dave Rastrick, Terry MacKintosh, Kira Schimmelpfennig, Mike Hemmings
2. Call up performers who you know are ready to go and will jump at the chance
3. Allow the flow to happen and say yes to anyone who arises out of nowhere and wants to help. Thanks to Kristi McMullan, Rosey Reddie and Kimberley Davies, and also Heather Williams and Rob Castiglione
4. Contact sponsors and hear them laugh and say 'great idea, you know your community, go for it, we're with you'. Thanks to Healthway, the Shire of Denmark and Regional Arts WA
5. Take a deep breath, cancel all other plans for the next week, ring the ABC Great Southern, say WHY NOT? and start posting on social media.
As they say "ignore the naysayers, harness the forces of chaos, focus on the goal and proceed".
a few snapshots below... professional footage of performances and Tiny Festival video will be uploaded in July
Start with sacred geometry, 4 square meter bubbles - Kristi McMullan
The Tiny Big Sing spacious and awesome with Sonia Anderson
Boyd Stokes and Elder Eugene Eades - Mixed Mob
Minstrelwindwise & Romain.. jazz at the Tiny Club
Blue Tongue Lizzard
Dave Rastrick - on 33 instruments and sound...
Jeff Atkinson, Storyteller, takes us to Wales
Liz Jack and spaciously safe Tiny audience
Adam Grok Trio
Myles Mitchell and groovin dancin Jen Mitchell
Kathy Martin, Storyteller, with the little red house, with no windows, no doors, a chimney and a star in the middle....
done and dusted.... see you next year for DFoV 2021!